Use your skills to give clients the latest look. From entertainers to businessmen,
a person’s grooming habits can say a lot about who they are. You can take an active role in this with a career in cosmetology. Use your skils to give clients the latest haircut, nail, or makeup designs.
Reasons For Choosing A Career In Cosmetology
• A career in cosmetology can give you the ability
to decide what to specialize in based on your skills.
• Cosmetology students can manage salons or
decide to open their own. Some become sales
representatives or image consultants. While
others may decide to teach in barber and
• While salaries can widely vary in this field. As
hairstylists and cosmetologists become more
experienced and gain a following, they can expect
their earnings to increase.
After 1500 hours of training, students will qualify for
the Arkansas Board of Cosmetology Exam
What are the requirements?
• Classes are open to 11th and 12th grade students
• Students must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher
• Students must successfully complete (C or better) one
or more credits in an approved Mathematics and/or
• Minimum reading level of eighth (8th) grade
What topics are covered?